Saturday 19 November 2016

Clearing the Leaves

This weekend it was dry and reasonably warm for November. We had the grandchildren for a few hours. One wanted to kick a ball about and the youngest wanted to play 'tennis'.
However as with all kids they soon got bored so I decided that we could clear up the leaves. It would keep them busy for a while and help me out. Child labour is not normal practice but this should be classed as exercise and learning.
Sue took charge of a wheel barrow and the boys were incharge of filling it, while this was going on I got the mower out to 'hoover' up the leaves on the other lawn. I then went back and as the eldest was getting a little bored I showed him how to use the mower, with very close supervision. This was a great success and the lawns were soon clear of leaves. And even the youngest had a try but it was more about him chasing me and the mower.





No comments:

Post a Comment