Friday 17 March 2017

Time in the Greenhouse

Sowing some seeds.

Peas transplanted under netting
The first job today was to transplant the few peas that have now sprouted and grown a tap root, I transplanted about 20 seedlings and then covered the whole bed with netting to keep the pigeons and our ducks at bay. I also sowed a row of Radish under a cloched bed.
Swiss Chard
 
Beetroot


In the greenhouse some more sowings. Today I sowed Basil, Coriander and Parsley each in a 6" pot. A 40 cell tray of lettuce  with three different varieties. A ten cell sowing of Cauliflower and a few Cape Goosberries. 

Yesterday I sowed the Mini Corn in cells these will go in the far end of the bed that the peas are in.  The beetroot and Swiss Chard are coming through.

The broad Beans are starting to show along with the field beans


That completed todays tasks, the next job will be to sow extra peas because at the moment only 20 of the 130 sown have germinated. There may be more if we get some sun but I ordered some more of a different variety so I am prepared for the worst.

I cut some sycamore saplings for bean poles.

The tomatoes and peppers growing well
Peppers and Chillies

Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment